In case you couldn’t tell, we’ve got a major thing for LA. Here, our CEO, Director of Programming, and Manager of Exhibitor Relations share 3 of their favorite spots the city has to offer—maybe you can check them out before attending ARTXFOOD this May.
Ariel Gordon, CEO
- Temescal Canyon – This is by far one of the best views you are going to get of the city and the ocean. It also doubles as a workout—your legs will be sore for days.
- Salazar – Run, don’t walk to this restaurant for some of the best Mexican food the city has to offer. I highly recommend treating yourself to the al pastor taco while sipping on a paloma in their dreamy outdoor space. | www.salazarla.com
- Artists & Fleas Venice – I love how this market is so community-driven. It’s filled with casual jewelry, risographs, and funky vintage design, all from LA locals. | www.artistandfleas.com
Whitney Carter, Director of Programming
- Ray’s and Stark Bar at LACMA – It’s the perfect place for a cocktail after seeing the latest show at LACMA. Plus you get amazing people watching, with Chris Burden’s iconic Urban Lights serving as a backdrop. | www.patinagroup.com
- Intelligentsia Silver Lake – I’m calling it—this is hands-down the best coffee in town. The fact that the interior is covered in the prettiest blue-and-white moroccan tiles doesn’t hurt either. | www.intelligentsiacoffee.com
- Urban Radish – The downtown location of this family-owned market has a great wine and beer selection and an incredible cheese shop. It’s everything you need to enjoy jazz nights on their patio. | www.urban-radish.com
Janelle Bradley, Manager of Exhibitor Relations
- Jon & Vinny’s – This restaurant serves the kind of Italian food that’s so delicious, you won’t utter a word at dinner. But it’s okay, because the old-school hip hop jams they play will fill the silence. | www.jonandvinnys.com
- Grand Central Market – If you’re as indecisive as I am, this place is the perfect solution to your problems. Stop by on your way to see some art, theater, or music, and grab some ice cream, falafel, or a burger. You really can have it all. | www.grandcentralmarket.com
- The Broad – A trip to LA isn’t complete without visiting The Broad. Peruse their galleries for a healthy dose of contemporary art, housed in one of the most beautiful pieces of architecture LA has to offer. | www.thebroad.org